Advancing Your Digital Photography Talent
Digital 2 is designed to impart a higher level of photographic skill to the amateur photographer. This hands-on course starts with a very fast review of the basics of digital photography and quickly moves the participant into the wonderful world advanced photography. The course assumes a basic level of competence with a Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) camera and topics covered during the day include: sensor size and photography equipment, time elapsed photography, the use of polarizing and neutral density filters, high dynamic range, hyper-focal length, creating a panoramic photo, and long exposure and night photography.
You will build on your Digital 1 skills and learn to shoot magnificent photos while unlocking the hidden potential of your camera. Digital 2 embraces a hands on approach and ensures that all participants receive adequate practice on specific techniques under different conditions. Our classes include both an outdoor and indoor component that may change depending on weather conditions. Our instructors will make sure that participants stay warm, dry and cozy while covering all course material.
Gift Certificates for the Digital II SLR Advanced Photography Class are available here.
Not what you're looking for? Check out other Learn Photography Canada Courses here
- Who's it for?
- Techniques and Topics
- Course Features
- Locations & Duration
Who's it for?
Digital 2 is designed for the amateur photographer ready to take their skills to the next level. The condensed one-day format is ideal for aspirational photographers, people considering a career in photography, professionals, executives, students, parents, self-employed; and anyone who is tight on time and wants to further develop their skills over a full day.
What do I need?
Use of an SLR camera on the day. Learn Photography Canada may provide you one if requested at additional charge.
- A tripod.
- Digital Photography I or equivalent knowledge.
Techniques and Topics Covered
- Review of manipulating aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- Exposure compensation
- Camera theory – uses of crop sensors and full frame cameras
- Introduction to using filters
- Lighting conditions through the day
- Night photography
- Long exposure
- Light painting
- Creating panoramic photos
- Layering and hyperfocal length
- High Dynamic Range
- Colour temperature and white balance
- Learn advanced photography techniques.
- Hands-on environment.
- Practice photography in different scenarios and various conditions.
- Interactive, dynamic, fun, creative.
- Get great shots of iconic locations.
- Small groups (12 persons maximum).
- Course notes provided to participants.
- Certificate of achievement upon completion.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- Continued support after course completion.
Locations & Duration
- Meet at Eau Claire Market windmill by the waterworks north west of the shopping centre.
- Meet on the pedestrian bridge by the waterworks on the Alberta Legislature grounds. Finish on the other side of the High Level Bridge.
This course runs for a 6 hour duration.
FIND A DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY II COURSE NEAR YOU (all prices in CAD)
Upcoming Calgary courses:
Upcoming Edmonton courses:
Upcoming Vancouver courses:
- Fri. Sept 13
- 6pm - 12am
- $245.00 + GST
- 12 places left
- Book Now
I took away lots of ideas, and inspiration!
Keep up to date with amazing photography tips, photography course offerings, insider sales and more
Each week we upload a selection of work from our photography students. SEE MORE GREAT PHOTOS >>